Sew... Cute! Bearpaws & Hollyhocks


When Sheila and I to have to make prototypes for the new season it is silly to buy a whole bolt of fabric to make one or two things that may get scrapped anyway! so we go to our favorite local fabric stores to gather lovely fabrics and sometimes some inspiration too. I have been here a lot lately, it just seems to help get thoughts and designs in gear!!


So when I first walked into Bearpaws & Hollyhocks I found it hard to contain my excitement... I moved over from England about 8 years ago now and when I did there was nothing in Sac town that was out of the ordinary... that was hard because if you could have seen the fabric shop where I worked, you would have asked yourself why is she here?? but then again you haven't seen my American husband either (another story) anyway upon moving back from Scotts Valley where my partner lives currently I stumbled upon this delightful place.



Bearpaws & Hollyhocks have been around for about 5 years now (I think) and were so helpful when I walked in, despite not even being there for quilting purposes and they didn't balk at the kids... hugely appreciated especially as they can be hmmmm VERY rambunctious (my kids that is) Anyway their wealth of knowledge is outstanding as well as the fabric choice too... and if you see something they don't have (unlikely) they are very accommodating and will often try to fit it onto an order of theirs! Thank you Lindy =D



Anyway here are a few snap's of the lovely things they have to offer... Well actually a TON of pictures. they have so many interesting things I couldn't decide what to leave in and what to leave out!

You must visit them if you live in or around sunny Sacramento, you won't be disappointed. Or you can visit their website just click the link below

Bearpaws & Hollyhocks














1 comments:

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

I love Bear Paws and Hollyhocks too! Lindy Munday the shop owner is a wealth of information, and the best cheerleader a quilter/sew could ask for. t